This week was a bit busy, so I gave myself a day to make work for the blog. I have wanted to make cushions for a while, and I had this grand plan to make a bunch in a day. Yeah, I ended up with two. I was very close to making five - I had all the pieces cut out and put together, but for three of them, I didn't get the front and back but together to finish it before I needed to photograph it... Oh the joys of deadlines...
The beautiful woven blanket is from Niger~
I went through my fabric collection and picked a few out that I felt worked well together. I bought some vintage Hmong fabric from Thailand earlier, and the other contemporary fabrics are from IKEA. (I know, right?)
Pinterest is awash with this kind of indigo fabric. Everyone loves it, and so do I!
Measuring and cutting fabrics to make the fronts and backs.
Can you find my trusty seam ripper in this picture? I've had it since Ritter gave it to me while we were dating. Who knows where he got it from? Of course it is duck taped...
The front of two cushions are done - the backs are made of hot pink and orange fabric.
Someone many years ago did all that cross-stitch. Thank you!
Two of these covers were made as well - again, Hmong fabric with Ikea bedspreads.
This one didn't get done before the photoshoot! You'll see it when I reveal our bedroom in the future.
Finally they are put together!
My trusty sewing machine that has never given me any trouble in ten years.
The big one is all done!
I photographed these on our guest bed in our sunroom - the last room in the house to still have sunlight at 6:30pm!
I like using a lot of white to help accent bright colors - in quilts, cushions, and prints.